Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tactile learning

Mr. Boyers asked us a few questions today about our learning styles. I am a tactile learner, which pretty much just means that you learn better from hands on activities. Tactile learning has an impact on me because some people aren't able to just learn from what someone is saying and being able to remember exactly what they say, or at least remembering what everything they said means. Some people also can't learn from seeing something that is like written on the board or on a paper handed to them. Like me for example, if I see a paper I won't remember what is on that paper unless I rewrite it myself. I won't remember what someone is saying if I don't write it down. I have to be able to do something with the information rather than just looking at it or hearing it for me to comprehend it. This will help me in high school and beyond because if someone is a visual learner they usually would just say "I have a photographic memory" and then they wouldn't take notes or anything and then when it comes time for the test they don't know somethings because they didn't take notes to help them study with. People who are auditory learners would say they are listening then get distracted and not take notes because they were "listening" but a tactile learner would be taking notes because that is how they will remember it best but then it will also help when it comes to time for the test because they will be able to go back to the notes they wrote to help study.

No comments:

Post a Comment